I’ve been writing this blog for over 2 years now (seems like two minutes ago I was starting it) and it has brought me many benefits. Benefits that I now want to share with you so it inspires you to start blogging, or keep on blogging if you do already blog, so let’s get straight into it:
- Networking with various people worldwide. One of the important benefits of blogging is its feature that helps us to network with a wide range of bloggers from different walks of life across the globe.
- Blogs help you to improve your writing skills. If you start to write a blog, all of a sudden you get into the habit of improving your writing skills and style.
- Mastering a subject. Another advantage of having a blog is its ability to make you a master in a chosen subject. It will enrich your knowledge as you carry on doing research on that particular topic or niche.
- You photographic skills may improve. Once anyone becomes a blogger, he or she may start an interest in several other things related to blogging to improve their own blog.
- Blogging as a source of income. Most people start blogging just for expressing their personal opinions, later on some begin to take an interest in earning an income from their blog.
- Blogs make it easy to connect with social media. Most of the blogging tools help us to easily share the contents in the blog with social media platforms.
- Blog as a source of information. Some blogs are the valuable source of information and people know that they can gain valuable information from them so they will keep reading.
- Blogs may act as a portfolio. Photographers, writers e.t.c find blogging as an excellent platform for creating portfolios for their work.
- Blogs may lead you to start a new career. If you attend an interview for a particular job, your chances of securing the job may increase if you possess a blog specialising in subjects the interview demands.
- Blogs are very easy to set up. You don’t have to be very good in the technical aspects, anyone can set up a blog with an email address and a platform like WordPress.
- Gain respect from others. People at your office or business may start seeing you as a blogger and could eventually lead to gaining respect as doing something extra-curricular.
- Blogging as a hobby. There are many people, including me, who aren’t bothered about the monetary aspects of blogging, and just consider it as a hobby to have their personal satisfaction of sharing their views and opinions with others.
- Good exercise for your mind. Remember you should love the rime you spend on writing and keep engaged in other activities related to blogging like researching a topic and reading more articles related to your niche.
So there you have it.