Wednesday is here, and as you are probably all aware now, it is my birthday eve (yes I do say weird things like that, and no, I’m not sorry for it.) so it means it is time for the penultimate blog post in my mini-series.
This time I wanted to share with you the reasons as to why you should study PR, and as you will have guessed, I have compiled a list of 24 reasons.
Just as a little disclaimer, I don’t put myself as a professional on the topic, but wanted to share my reasons on why you should study PR, as when I picked it to study, I didn’t really know what it was all about, and looking back, I wished I had a list like this to look at.
So, less of me rambling, and more of me getting on with the point of this post. So, here we go…
- PR has numerous job opportunities.
- PR can be applied to many occupations.
- It is a hugely creative industry.
- It is a fast-paced environment.
- It is a blend of everything.
- It allows you to be a jack of all trades.
- It opens you up to variety.
- It lets you show off your writing skills.
- You learn so many interesting things about the media industry.
- Strong relationships are formed.
- You get to meet like-minded people.
- If you don’t get into PR, skills can be applied elsewhere.
- It is a fast growing industry.
- You can expand your personal and professional social skills.
- You learn so much about reputation.
- You learn how to reach out to the masses.
- It has a unique & universal place in society.
- You learn how to be always on the ball.
- Every day is different.
- It’s regularly listed as one of the best industries.
- It’s challenging.
- It’s hard work.
- It’s worth it.
- It’s whatever you want it to be.
So there you go. This list is what I have found to be the best reasons to study PR, but if you have any you would like to share with me, comment below or tweet me @HLennox_PR.
Stay tuned for the last blog post tomorrow, and please do send me condolences regarding my age!